Monday, April 07, 2008

Movie Review v.1.0: Deja Vu



Monday.April.7.2008.

"Tell it to me like I'm a 6 year old."
"I'm going to do what i do best, kill people."
"My nigga."
"My man."
"I AM NOT GOING TO BURY MY SON! MY SON IS GOING TO BURY ME!"
"I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is."

Question: The above dialogue is:

a) A court transcript of the O.J. trial
b) the casting interview between Stephen Frears and Helen Mirren
c) a discussion between my cat Ryu and myself regarding his new green ball of yarn
d) great film quotes by Denzel
e) all of the above

Answer: D

I like Denzel a lot, I mostly rented Deja Vu because he was in it and partially because it was directed by Tony Scott who had worked with Zel on the film Man on Fire and was the director behind Top Gun. Denzel has made every movie he has starred in worth watching, even The Preachers Wife, which i watched with Steve in a Minneapolis hotel room a few years back. Zel couldn't save this one though.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Big ferry explosion 550 dead, murdered black girl, brand new FBI technology, Watching the past on TV, time traveling which leads to two Denzels, One dies the other ends up with the saved girl who was lusted after by the future Denzel who ended up dying, Everyone else is saved.

A terrorist thriller based on a time machine and love without boundries. Deja Vu.

ATJ rating
I liked this movie as much as i like canker sores
1 half boner out of 10 full, rock hard,throbbing, unbendable boners

Chris!

No comments: