Sunday, November 30, 2008

2008 Retrospective: Non 08 Music.Part One

This post is dedicated to some of the music I first started listening to this year although some of the songs and albums are over 40 years old.
Below is a list of my favorite non 08 albums followed by my non 08 individual songs list.

Albums:

1) Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
This became one of my all time favorites this year.

2) Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (NY sessions) and Freewheelin
I finally gave Dylan a chance this year. I'm an idiot for not doing so earlier.

3) Tokyo Police Club - Lesson in Crime

4) Constantines - Shine a Light

5) Matt and Kim - Self Titled


Songs:

1) Neutral Milk Hotel - Two Headed Boy

2) Bob Dylan - Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (NY sessions)

3) Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice Its Alright

4) Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun

5) Constantines - Hotline Operator
From their album Tournament of Hearts

No comments: